Monday, April 4, 2011

Moreover

Thanks to the mighty Shannon Okey, I can show off two projects I worked on last year! One is a mostly-Shetland lace shawl ("mostly" because of how it's constructed) knitted out of the most glorious indigo-dyed alpaca from A Verb for Keeping Warm.



(Yeah, I'd wear it with nothing underneath, too; that yarn is soft.)

The other is a pair of gloves that would be very plain if they weren't cashmere and silk.


The red is the reddest red, and they are the most decadent things I have ever felt. You can get the yarn from Lisa Souza and I recommend that you do.

Both of these are going to appear in Shannon's upcoming Fresh Designs books, which are the subject of a Kickstarter fundraising campaign over here. It makes my heart swell a little to see that as of this post, 88 knitters and lovers of knitting (and lovers of knitters?) have pledged $4401 out of the $5000 goal—and the month is only four days old. If you can spare a few dollars and want books or patterns or other cool things in exchange, go take a look!

3 comments:

Alwen said...

What a gorgeous shawl!

I'll help spread the word.

daniel said...

How lovely! I'm so psyched for these books to come out.

Leanne said...

These are wonderful! I am going to have to order the book.